Welcome to the Speedus docs!<
What is Speedus<
Torusware Speedus helps your applications achieve the best networking performance:
- Low latency and high throughput for intrahost communications between your applications.
- Great performance increase for socket-based applications through TCP/IP bypass and custom socket polling strategies.
- 100% non-intrusive, no changes are required neither in your software nor your hardware.
- Microservices designs are prone to networking latency issues. Speedus can also bypass communications between containers, reducing the networking bottleneck.
How does it work<
Under the hood, Speedus is a shared library that leverages
LD_PRELOAD to wrap standard libc calls, replacing TCP/IP communications with our own scenario-aware protocols. No code changes or recompilation in any user application are required.
Since Speedus directly wraps low level calls, most applications written in any language are supported. Speedus doesn't need to load a custom kernel module, it works entirely at userspace, supporting:
- Multithreaded applications
- Complex fork/execv patterns
- Multiuser communications
- Inter-container support through IPC host shared resources